Golf Inc. has selected 10 courses for recognition in its annual Renovation of the Year competition. The annual contest recognizes the best renovation projects from around the globe.
"We had more courses worthy of recognition this year than any prior year," said Jack Crittenden, Editor In Chief of Golf Inc. "It was a great group of projects that showed the breadth of work being undertaken across the world."
All ten honorees were in the U.S. this year, with judging based on how well each project achieved its stated goals, improved playability and maintainability, and course aesthetics. Final rankings of the honorees will be announced in the May/June issue of Golf Inc. magazine.
The courses recognized are (in alphabetical order):
- Country Club of Asheville, Asheville, NC
- Dunes Course at Monterey Peninsula Country Club, Pebble Beach, CA
- Meadowbrook Country Club, Northville, MI
- Moraine Country Club, Kettering, OH
- TPC River Highlands, Cromwell, CT
- Atlantic Dunes by Davis Love III, Hilton Head Island, SC
- Los Robles Greens Golf Course, Thousand Oaks, CA
- Mooresville Golf Club, Mooresville, NC
- Short Course at Mountain Shadows Resort, Paradise Valley, AZ
- Squaw Creek Golf Course, Willow Park, TX
Judges for the competition were Oscar Rodriguez, vice president, Heritage Links; Kirk Kokoska, senior vice president, golf, BlueStar Golf; and Matthew Dusenberry, principal, Dusenberry Golf Course Design.